In the classroom:
- These next few weeks we will take multiple practice tests and discuss everything from how do we navigate the interface to how to give answers that demonstrate all the wonderful learning we have done this year
- Discuss test taking strategies to help calm us in the moment, from Brain Breaks to sharing and supporting each other during the testing weeks
- Stamina and practice with multiple-step word problems or questions that build off of each other
- More frequent FUN in the classroom! I hope to balance the mental drain that testing can have on our brains with some fun activities to help out our days!
- Talk to your child about their feelings about test taking
- Take the practice test and discuss everything from the format to the questions
- Discuss and revisit The Growth Mindset as testing can easily enable our inner critics/fixed mindset thinking!
To take the practice test:
Click on Take the Practice and Training Tests.
Click on Sign-In (leave every space filled in as GUEST)
Select grade (3)
Select test you would like to take (Note: ELA = English Language Arts)
Leave everything as marked and click on SELECT then YES START MY TEST
We will be going through these as well, however, extra practice is always a good thing. A fun way to approach these practice tests is to ask your child what they found out/know about the test after we have a chance to explore it in class.
ELA: 4/7 - 4/9
If you have any questions, concerns or anything at all regarding the test, please feel free to email me!